More Great Things to do in Brighton!
Saturdays, 13 & 20 December, 10am-5pm
This Christmas, the studios and stalls at The Open Market have teamed up to offer Brighton the chance to make some amazing Christmas gifts at the market!
The traders in the market are opening up their units on the two Saturdays before Christmas and offering their special skills to help Brightonians create perfect Christmas presents for the people they love. More and more people are looking to give gifts that come from the heart and support local businesses rather than from faceless chain stores. Plus, there will be live Christmas music throughout both days and Father Christmas will be visiting from 10am-12pm on both days.
Just some of the Make it at the Market activities are listed below. A full list of activities will be posted in the market on the mornings of the 13th and 20th.
- 13 December: Foodshed is offering a festive felting workshop with feral felting. Help make an ‘Alternative Nativity’ to display at Foodshed for a week and make your own festive felty things!
- 13 December: Brighton Naturally will help you make your own raw chocolate. Learn about the many health benefits of Cacao and the other superfoods used in chocolate making. 11-12pm and 3-4pm.
- 13 December: The fully qualified herbalists at Brighton Apothecary will help you make your own bath salts. Mix your own scented bath salts with beautiful dried herbs and petals. Perfect stocking filler!
- 13 December: The amazing up-cyclers atShaboutique will help you print/create your own one-of-a kind tea towel.
- 13 & 20 December, 10-2pm: Sew Fabulous will help you make handmade Christmas decorations using simple embroidery techniques. This workshop is suitable for adults and children over 8. Participants can join the workshop at any point up until 1pm.
- 13 & 20 December: Pelotas Productions will help you make colourful juggling balls for the want-to-be circus performers in your life.
- 13 & 20 December: Partially Obscured is running drop-in glass making sessions. Come create glass Christmas tree decorations, hanging decorations and design your own colourful square glass bowls.
- 13 & 20 December: Chili Gems will help you make affordable necklaces, bracelets and earrings out of your favourite authentic gemstones. Make something special with the birthstone of someone you love.
- 13 & 20 December, 2:30-5pm: Sew Fabulous will help you make your very own individual Christmas decorations and learn the skills to make more! Sparkling stars, bonkers baubles, as simple and subtle or complex and crazy as you like. A basic knowledge of crochet would be useful for this workshop. Participants need to arrive by 2.30pm.
- 13 & 20 December: The qualified herbalists at Brighton Apothecary will help you make your own natural face cream and toner.
- 13 & 20 December: Artist Alison McGechie will be running workshops for adults and children in basic handbuilding skills as an introduction to working with clay. 11-12pm (kids) and 2-4pm(adults)
- 20 December: Foodshed will help you make Christmas baubles that can be planted in the spring! Make wildflower seedbomb baubles with Josie Jeffery Author of “Seedbombs: Going wild with flowers.”
- 20 December: Brighton Naturally will help you make your own unique crystal jewellery and learn the properties of the crystals and how they work.
For more information about the Make it at the Market days or anything to do with The Open Market, please contact Lisa Lepki email@example.com or 07419374276
Please note: my usual hours are Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 9am to 5pm, though this is subject to change.
Registered Office: Ethical Property Company, The Old Music Hall, 106-108 Cowley Road, Oxford OX4 1JE – Registered No: 02961327